||Yes. Please email the Actian Education team to discuss further
||Actian Vector 6.0
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe Vector / VectorH architecture and its major components
- Install Vector / VectorH
- Configure and monitor a Vector / VectorH instance
- Create, destroy, maintain and manage Vector / VectorH databases and database objects
- Backup and recovery of Vector / VectorH databases
This course is aimed at delegates who will be responsible for managing Vector / VectorH instances and databases under Linux or Windows.
It covers all aspects of planning, installing, configuring and managing Vector / VectorH instances and its databases. It also covers all aspects of database administration including: managing database objects such as tables, indexes, applications etc.; data integrity; security; backup and recovery; .
The course employs lectures, demonstrations and practicals to reinforce the course contents. The course does not focus on a particular operating system but uses examples for the Linux and Windows operating systems throughout the course material.
Who Should Attend
This course is for Database and System Administrators who are responsible for the maintenance of Vector / VectorH databases.
Attendance at the Ingres SQL training, or equivalent experience and skill
- Concepts and architecture
- Support, patches and updates
- Hardware requirements
- Planning an installation
- Installing on Linux
- Installing on Windows
- Installing in Hadoop
- Instance architecture
- Tables and schemas
- Loading and updating data
- Life of a query
- Vector / VectorH roadmap