Vector and VectorH for Developers (Instructor-led)
This paid for instructor-led course is aimed at developers and project managers who will develop applications accessing Vector/VectorH instances and databases under Linux or Windows.
|Course charge||Yes. Please email the Actian Education team to discuss further|
|Product version||Actian Vector 6.0|
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe Vector / VectorH architecture and its major components
- Connect to a Vector / VectorH database using your favourite tools
- Create, destroy, maintain and manage Vector / VectorH database objects
- Load, query and manipulate data efficiently using SQL
- Understand basic query plans and profiling
This course is aimed at delegates who will develop applications accessing Vector / VectorH instances and databases under Linux or Windows.
The primary objective of this course is to be able to start developing against Vector / VectorH databases, such as:
- Connecting to Vector / VectorH databases
- Create tables, views, schemas
- Run SQL to query and manipulate data
And use Vector / VectorH utilities to:
- Exporting a table
- Load data
- Produce a Vector Query Execution Plan (QEP) and Query Profile
The course employs lectures, demonstrations and practicals to reinforce the course contents. The course does not focus on a particular operating system but uses examples for the Linux and Windows operating systems throughout the course material.
Who Should Attend
This course is for Developers and Project Managers who will be involved in the development of Applications using Vector / VectorH databases.
Good SQL Knowledge
- Vector / VectorH Concepts
- Instance Architecture
- Tables and Schemas
- Loading Data
- Manipulating Data
- QEP's and Profiles