||Yes. Please email the Actian Education team to discuss further
||Actian X 11.x
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles and importance of Relational Databases
- Explore each of the principal Actian X database and development tools
- Understand the principles and importance of industrial-strength SQL
- Make full use of all the retrieval features of Actian X SQL
- Make full use of all the data-change features of Actian X SQL
- Make full use of all the database-management features of Actian X SQL
- Make full use of Actian X Database Procedures, Rules, Events, Integrity features
This course provides you with all the knowledge and skill you need to:
- use Actian X SQL in your batch interfaces, reporting, ad-hoc querying, applications
- undertake the Actian X Application Development and Database Management courses
- understand and assess the role of Actian X in your organization.
It has 3 sections: day 1 focuses on Actian X principles and hands-on experience of all the Actian X database and development tools; days 2-4 cover all the essential aspects of Actian X SQL; day 5 covers Database procedures, rules, events, and integrity features.
The course is a mixture of lecture and demonstrations with hands on practical exercises for all key topics.
Who Should Attend
This course is an essential prerequisite for anyone undertaking other Actian X training: IngresDBM, OpenROAD, IngresABF, ReportWriter, Performance. Others who will benefit from attendance on this course are:
- Managers or IT staff who need to understand or assess the Actian X principles, tools and capabilities (for those who only need this, attendance on Day 1 is sufficient).
- IT or other staff who need to use Actian X SQL to retrieve or change their database data.
- Database or development staff who need to work with Actian X database procedures, rules, events, integrities.
No knowledge of Actian X or SQL is assumed.
Day 1: Actian X Overview
- Introduction to Actian X
- Relational Concepts and Actian X
- Actian X Basic Tools: ISQL, Tables, QBF, ReportWriter
- Actian X Visual Tools: VSQL, IVM, VDBA, IMP
- Actian X Development Tools: OpenROAD, ABF/Vision
Day 2-4: Actian X SQL
- Controlling output
- Restricting rows
- Combining Tables
- Views, unions and outer joins
- Building tables
- Inserts, Updates and Deletes
- Importing and exporting data from Actian X
- Transaction processing
Day 5: Actian X Server SQL
- Database procedures
- Database Events