Actian X 1-Day Overview (Instructor-led)
This paid for instructor-led course is for Managers or IT staff who need to understand or assess the Ingres principles, tools and capabilities.
|Course charge||Yes. Please email the Actian Education team to discuss further|
|Product version||Actian X 11.0|
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles and advantages of Ingres's fully relational approach
- Understand the principles and importance of industrial-strength SQL
- Have hands-on experience of the key Ingres tools and capabilities for database and installation management, business application development and use, and integration with web, Java, .net and other technologies.
- Assess the capabilities of Ingres within your organization
The course is a mixture of lecture and demonstrations with hands on practical exercises for all key topics. It can also be run as a seminar (lecture and demonstrations only) if required.
Who Should Attend
Managers or IT staff who need to understand or assess the Ingres principles, tools and capabilities. This course is the prerequisite first day of the IngresSQL training.
No knowledge of Ingres or SQL is assumed.
- Introduction to Actian X
- Relational Concepts and Actian X
- Ingres Basic Tools: ISQL, Tables, QBF, ReportWriter
- Ingres Visual Tools: Visual SQL, Visual Manager, Visual DBA, Configuration Manager, Performance Manager
- Ingres Development and business Tools: OpenROAD, Server & EClient, ABF/Vision
- Ingres connectivity: Java, .net, ODBC, IngresNet, Web